Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Make A Garment A Month Challenge - Burdastyle Paneled Shirt

Happy weekend everyone!
I am glad that I managed to finish my second project for "make a garment a month challenge". As you all know, this shirt based on Burdastyle Paneled Jersey Shirt 10/2013 view A size 34. I have to draw a new line of pattern because the minimum size from the original pattern is 36, I followed these tutorials. I also reduced the length of the sleeves and shirt bottom. Even so, in the end of my work I still need to sew the upper sleeve seams smaller because it was too big for me.

Materials:
I used 2 yards of knit cotton in deep purple color, 2 yards of printed knit - I still have left over fabric that is enough to make sleeveless dress, fusible interfacing, 4 small buttons in purple color and thread - as I don't have a similar color of thread, I used black color :)

How I worked n this shirt:
I'll show you a little of the sewing process, I started my work by fused the fusible interfacing on the wrong side of center front - in the end of band attachment lines. As shown on the picture below,


Then I sew center front onto side piece with cut on sleeve, right sides together. I did the same manner on the center back as well.
After that, I lay the center front on the center back - right sides together and sew it a long the shoulder seams and upper sleeve seams.
And then I sew the neck band on the neck edge. You can see the image below,
After I have done the neck edge, I worked on the front bands. I pinned each front band to front. Right sides together.
Then I sew it. Press the seam allowances onto band, fold the band on fold line, pin upper edge together and stitch it. Trim the seam allowances across corners, turn band right side out. Pin each band over attachment seam, then I baste by hand and topstitch it - from outer side of garment.
After that, I worked on the buttonholes and sew the buttons.
 
And here are the final pictures of the paneled shirt front and back side, 
 
 
Happy sewing and thanks for reading!  
 
 
 


Comments

  1. So cute, love those colors so pretty, I'm sure this shirt will have a lot of wear, it looks very comfortable, good job dear Hana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Rosy! Yes, it is very comfortable and I love those colors very much :)

      Delete
  2. Love your shirt..Looks pretty on you. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so nicely - I'm pleased for you as you were a little worried :). Its a gorgeous casual top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much SarahLiz. It's nice to wear casual top and I am thinking to make more in future :)
      I was so scared to sew with knit cotton, but I am fine now after searching some tutorials to deal with it.

      Delete
  4. It looks wonderful - these two fabrics work perfect! It suits you well. It turned fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beata - I am very happy that the shirt turned out so well :-)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, and perfect for a kick around day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Yes, it is perfect for daily wear :-)

      Delete
  6. It looks lovely on you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! I love it and it looks fantastic on you! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Idea Post: Soft Torn Tones

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment