DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Red Dress




Simple style A-line dress. Based on How to Make an A-Line Skirt by burdastyle.
Did you know that I really love burdastyle. The place where a lot of seamstress meet and share their idea about sewing.

Material needed for this dress:
-  basic bodice sloper
-  A-line skirt sloper
-  basic sleeve sloper
-  2 yards cotton in red color, zipper, 1/2 yard interfacing (I used pink color silk organza, the only thing I had inside my stash) and same colour thread.

How I made my dress:
1. I have to copy all my self-drafted pattern on the new sheets of paper and add 1.5 cm for seam allowance. Then transfer it onto the fabric that I already prepared before.

2. Sew the front and back bodice dart, right sides together. Sew the front and back bodice at the shoulder. Then sew the sleeve on the armhole.

3. With the right sides together, sew the front and the back bodice with the directions from the waist up to the sleeve. Then fold the sleeve hem 1 cm.

4. With the right side together, sew the front and the back skirt.

5. Sew the interfacing on the neck line with the right sides together. And turn it inside out. Topstitched the neck line 1/2 cm.

6. With the right sides together, sew the bodice and the skirt together. Insert the zipper. Stitch the hem line 1.5 cm. And iron the dress. DONE!!


Here I took some more photos of my dress:

 



Happy Sewing!

Comments