DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Ellen #9305 Shorts


front side of the shorts A



Today, I am exciting to post my first project for palette challenge ss2012. Honestly, I had done this pink color shorts 4 days after I decided to participate the challenge but I didn't have time to publish it. I continued sewing my second shorts for the challenge, I choose cotton fabric in brown color. For the style, I used same style as pink color shorts but with different type of pockets.

Here are the details of this shorts,
I called shorts A and B (A is pink color and B is brown color). For both shorts A and B, I used cotton that already sitting in my stash for a year.
For the pattern I used Ellen #9305 , the pattern originally is pants pattern.



back side of the shorts A



What I need to prepare:
  1. Fabric: I used cotton, same color thread, invisible zipper, hook and eye, snap fastener and interfacing.
  2. Pattern: I used pants pattern ellen #9305, I shorten the length of the pattern about 17 3/4". I also added same measurement about 1/2" to the shorts side to the bottom and blend. I did this to avoid tight impression on the bottom shorts. I also shorten the waist band 1/2".
  3. For the pockets, shorts A: I used the simple pocket, same as the pocket from my high waist skirt. Shorts B: I used original pockets from Ellen  #9305 pants but I removed/didn't use the flap pocket.
  4. For the zipper: I used the easy way (that I love to say it again and again, the easy way!) just inserted invisible zipper and finished with the hook and eye and the snap fastener.
  5. For the hem line: shorts A 1.5" and shorts B 1"




  6. front side of the shorts B


    This is the shorts B, I love the orange waist band that I used as interfacing. It's so fresh orange color with small white flowers. The fabric is Japanese cotton that I bought in local fabric shop here in place and stay inside my stash for a year:)


    back side of the shorts B

    Now you can see it here when I wear it, It's so comfortable and fresh. I love summer everyone!! I think the reason is I can go everywhere with bare leg wearing my favorite shorts.



Happy Friday everyone, keep sewing and be proud wearing your handmade:)







 

Comments