DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

High Low Top

high low tops

This is another project for my palette challenge ss2012. I finished this top 5 days ago, but only today I am having time to post it on my little blog.
The style is very simple, basic on built by wendy shift dress. I will explain to you what I did with the pattern on the below post.

front side of the top

back side of the top

I've been reading and learning the book Built by Wendy Dresses, for this tops I used the shift dress pattern. I had to shorten the dress pattern more less right in the hip line. I created the neck line with a boatneck style. I also removed the bust dart and finished with high low hem line. No zipper or button inserted in this top.


high low top from the side
back side of the top

I am very happy with this top, she will be one of my favourite top and I will definetely make another one soon to complete my summer wardrobe.

Happy weekend everyone:))

Comments

  1. Very pretty, its nice to see sewn things that are trendy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heidi.
    I love both of trendy and vintage fashion. These high low top is good to wear on hot summer day and I am thinking to make another one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment