DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Me-Made-May'13 Day 7-12

"I am joining Zoe from 'So,Zo... in a challenge to wear self-stitched garments or anything handmade during the whole month of may"

Here is an update of my MMM'13 challenge,
Day 7
On Tuesday 7th, I wore me-made outfit -  my self-drafted polka dot scalloped blouse and ellen shorts in brown color. I went to the supermarket nearby after spent the whole afternoon at home with my baby.

Day 8
On Wednesday 8th, I wore my Jamoo, batik dress from Built By Wendy Dirndl Dress pattern. I went out for lunch with my husband and my baby.
 

 
Day 9
On Thursday 9th, I wore my bow tie dress. I went out for lunch with my husband, son, sister in law and nephew.
 
 
Day 10
On Friday 10th, I completely forgot "Friday theme (sewing, knitting, creating space)". I supposed to take a picture inside my sewing room. But I only remember it when I  upload the photo on MMM'13 group on Flickr.
My MMM'13 day 10 was high low top based on Built By Wendy Shift Dress pattern.
 
 
Day 11
On Saturday 11th, I wore my striped dress based on Burdastyle pattern. We had dinner with friends here in my house.
 
 
Day 12
On Sunday 12th, we went out for morning walk around the city. I wore me-made outfit, pleated blouse from Burdastyle pattern and my first self-drafted shorts that I made long time ago.
 
That's all my recap for MMM'13 day 7-12, I also posted all my photos on MMM'13 Flickr Set. Or if you are interested to see all the contestants of MMM'13, be free to visit Me-Made-May'13 Group on Flickr. All the contestants had a creative hand, I am very impressed!
 
Happy Tuesday!





Comments

Post a Comment