DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Button-Down Shirt For Husband


Hello all...
This is my second project based on Sewing Vintage Modern - Frank Button-Down Shirt size 56, with short sleeve. I made this shirt especially for my husband to wear at work and I am glad that he is really happy with it.

Materials:
21/4 yards of white with light purple stripe cotton fabric, 8 pieces buttons, fusible interfacing and same color of thread.

How I worked :
The work on this shirt is exactly like the first one that I made for him many months ago. You can see the details of sewing in progress  here and here.
I enjoyed the sewing process as usual and I will definitely make some more.



 
Also, I have done two tunics for my mom and I will post it on the blog soon. And now, I am working on a summer tank for me to wear on the holidays:)

Happy sewing and have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. What a super shirt Hana - your husband looks great in it. Haven't made one for my DH yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It's a little tricky to work on a men's shirt but I think is really fun to make.

      Delete
  2. Hi Hana, great shirt! Can I ask what type of interfacing did you use for the collar? I struggle to find the right stiffness; either too stiff or not stiff enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belinda! Thanks for your compliment. I used medium weight fusible interfacing for the collar and light weight for the plackets.

      Delete
  3. The shirt looks very professional! Great job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment