Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Easy Twist Top And MAGAM May Plan

Hello everyone,
I made a new top! A very easy twist top based on Burdastyle tunic pattern 08/2012 size 34 ( only used the bodice and sleeve pattern) and followed step by step tutorials from Threads magazine June/July 2013.
This is a very cute and comfortable loose fitting top - V neck style and I didn't sew the front and back neckline, I just leave it raw.

Many months ago I transfer Burdastyle pattern 08/2012 bodice and sleeve pattern size 34 with adjustment on neckline and CB (sway back adjustment), then I make it as my basic sloper.
Then I copied my basic sloper and continue working on the pattern to make a twist top. Followed easy step by step tutorials form Threads magazine June/July 2013. Here is the picture from the magazine,

The process of drawing the new pattern of twist top is very easy and fast. In 30 minutes I finished the pattern and ready to cut the fabric :-)
The instructions said that I need 3-4 yards of knit fabric but I only have 1.5 yards of blue jersey knit. Well, my fabric is obviously not enough :( I search my stash and found another 1.5 yards of black jersey knit :-) Then I decided to make color block twist top, blue color for the front and sleeve, black color for the back.
The front top supposed to be only in one piece of fabric but as I don't have enough fabric, I make it in two pieces and then sew it together. After that, I twist it just like the instruction said.
Here is my sewing progress,
After the above process done, I sew the sleeves onto the bodice then sew the back hem. The front top doesn't need hem because it twist together, I hope you understand what I mean :-)
Then I sew the front and the back top right sides together. After that, I sew the sleeve hem. Done!

Here is the finished top, front view - close front view  and back view



And the last picture of me wearing my new top. My husband took a picture of me for MMM day 9. I stayed at home the whole day - rain and temperature drop. I did a lot of house work that day and some hour sewing :)

I am loving my new twist top, it's so comfortable and cute at the same time. I am planning to make one more top with different color maybe purple or white but with shorter length and little bit tight at the waist. And I must remember to buy enough fabric for it! :-)

And the last post of the day is about my plan for May MAGAM challenge. I will be making a trousers based on Burdastyle Bootcut Trousers 10/2013#126A size 36. For the fabric, I will use trousers fabric that I bought last month - kind of stretch twill woven cotton in grey color.
trousers image from Burdastyle pattern and my fabric
Happy sewing!!

Comments

  1. Great top, Hana. I saw that item in Threads and was intrigued, but the 3-4 yards of fabric frightened me off. You have worked around that very cleverly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kathy. I think to make shorts sleeve top 3 yards is more than enough.
      Well, I am going to make another one soon. We will see... :)

      Delete
  2. Hana, that style is so cute on you, and I love the color. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I love the blue color too very much. It was stayed inside my stash for three years. I bought it when I visited Portugal but too bad I only bought 1.5 yards.

      Delete
  3. What a good use of bits of fabric - and the top is fun - sometimes it's nice to make a quick simple top. The trousers look lovely - I've got the pattern as well, so it will be great to see yours made up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah Liz, I need to make more quick simple top like this. I bought some more knit fabric and planning to make some basic t-shirt for everyday wear.
      Thank you for lovely comment, I hope my trousers will turn-out good.
      I'll check out your blog post about pants-making. I am sure I will learn some more tips :-)

      Delete
  4. Top looks lovely on you, beautiful colour and fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in this shade of blue! And your fabric for the trousers is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great top Hana! You are so smart to color block it too! I don't usually think to to that sort of creative solution. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Margo! I was lucky that I still have same type of fabric even they are different color ;)

      Delete
  7. Lovely top! I cannot wait to see your trousers. I have yet to get a proper pair made and would love any advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. In this past three years I only made one 3/4 pants and several trousers/pants muslin before but always end-up to the trash :(
      I hope my trousers will turn-out good and no more disappointed with my work.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful top Hana.. Can't wait to see your pants.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, thank you so much! Glad you are back :)

      Delete

Post a Comment