Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

DIY Friday: Jewelry Pouches

Hello,
I made four jewelry pouches last Friday and I am so pleased with how they turned out. They look so adorable and besides, this was an easy and very relaxing project to make :) 

 
And as promised in my last DIY post, I will show you step by step tutorial how to make it.
But firstly, let's start from the material:
For the main fabric, I used linen scraps from stash. And for the lining, I used printed rayon scrap. Four medium size wooden buttons, fabric cord that I used as button loop and threads. The picture below shows some of the material,

 
Pattern:
The pattern is very simple, just like a rectangle shape 19 cm long x 9 cm width. All the measurements including 1 cm seam allowances. This measurement is for both main fabric and lining.
And for the button loop, I cut the fabric cord 6 cm.
 
The final pouch will be in the square shape with approximate measurement 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm.
 
Sewing process:
Cut the fabrics and the cord for the loops. And then set up the sewing machine and prepare the needle and thread for hand sewing.
 
As shown in the picture (1) With right side facing outside, fold the main fabric in half and mark it. Put the loop in the marking area. Hand stitch it to secure the loop from moving. Place the lining fabric on the top of the main fabric. Right sides together.
(2) Pin around except the area without loop. (3) And then stitch around. Except the area without loop.
After that (4) clip the corner, this method is a good way to create clean finished corner.
 
After the method above done, (1) turn the fabric inside out and press it with iron. (2) And then with 1 cm seam allowance, flip the fabric inside and pin it.
(3) Stitch it using a sewing machine and (4) fold the fabric 6.5 cm and pin it.
 
Hand stitch both sides of the pouch as shown in the picture below
 
And then, sew the wooden button 3 cm from the pouch bottom. Done! 
 
Here is the final pouch.
 
And more pictures of four of them. They are adorable inside out, isn't it?
 
 
 
Well, I think is enough for my today post. Happy crafting and have a great weekend everyone!



Comments

  1. They are cute - it's nice to have pouches like this for putting jewelry in when going away. They would make nice little gifts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I've seen them made up with little zippers for closures, but I like your button closure much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I prefer button closure because working on the zipper for the small pouch is little bit tricky :)

      Delete
  3. As plastic pouches are essential to carry items but they are as harmful to nature and not recommended for everyday use. But cotton pouches by Bagwalas are a a perfect alternate to carry your daily utility items, Jewelry packaging, Favors and much more.

    The Jewelry packaging pouches are available in different colors, shapes, and sizes. Hence, one can easily select the types of pouches according to their needs and requirements. Before shipment, we share the final product photograph and ship the product soon after the customer's approval.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment