Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Basic Crochet Top

Hello,
I have been very enthusiastic with crochet and knitting lately and so happy to finish my first ever crochet top after almost two months :) The pattern is made by me, I usually use size M. No special rule to crochet this top, I just double crochet and measured the length in rectangle shape. Finished the neckline and armholes with single crochet. Very easy, isn't it?
For the yarn, I used 7 skeins cotton yarn : 875 m. And for the needle, I used 3.5 mm crochet hook.

The finished top is just so comfy and roomy in the sleeves. I was planning to wear it this summer but can not, it is too heavy to wear in hot humid weather. But it is okay, I will wear it during colder month, on top of long t-shirt :)

The process started with back piece, I worked from the middle bodice - 90 chain stitches followed with double crochet stitches until measured 23 cm. Then continue worked in the back neckline by marked both shoulders 16 cm, and shaped the neckline until measured 3 cm. After that I did the bottom bodice, marked both sleeves 5 cm and double crochet until measured 28 cm.

After the back piece done, I worked on the middle front bodice - 90 chain stitches followed with double crochet stitches until measured 18 cm. And then I marked both shoulders 16 cm and carefully shaped the front neckline until measured 8 cm.
After the middle front done, I did the same as the back bodice, marked both sleeves 5 cm and double crochet until measured 28 cm.

Then I did the last three parts of finishing this top, seamed both shoulders right sides together and both sides of the top right sides together started from sleeves down to the hem. After that single crochet the neckline and armholes 4 rows and then hemline 2 rows. Done!

A little note : The finished top was a little bit big at the sleeves but I did that in purpose of confines, If any of my reader want to make the same top with better fit, feel free to reduce the sleeve size in both length and wide :)

Here is detail of the pattern, hope you enjoy it :)

And some process in pictures.

The final top, front and back views.



That's it for my today post, I am wishing everyone a lovely day and a happy crafting!

Love
+Hana Velvet Ribbon

Source:
Video tutorial "Double Crochet" from VeryPink Knits

Comments

  1. That is a lovely top! I like the pattetn and the color. I hope you get to wear it a lot once it's a little colder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katharina, I need to wait for five more months to wear it :)

      Delete
  2. I love this little top! Bet it looks lovely on you, especially in that colour. You have done a great job Hana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. It looks okay on me, will show the picture later when I am wearing it :)

      Delete
  3. This top is so adorable!!! I might even be able to make this one...or my daughter could 😉 Great job Hana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I am sure you or your daughter could make it. It is very very basic crochet :D

      Delete
  4. You clever girl! I am no good at crochet, I've tried and tried. I think your little top looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new pretty top too! Lovely blue color and beautiful crochet. It will look terrific as a topper! Wishing you a lovely day your way too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great top. Good for wear with jeans or a skirt especially since it is in that lovely shade of blue. Regards Trish S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hana. this top is so pretty..Perfect color too. You are so talented, everything you do... you do so well..
    Hope your having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is lovely. Pretty colour and so neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely, Hana. You are truly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've certainly got a natural knack for crochet - this is fantastic for a beginner - no pattern at all. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment